4.9.11

The Show Is In Town!!

This was my first time going to the Royal Adelaide Show. Apparently it's a big thing here. Schools get 1 day off so that they can go for the show. And some work places give their employees a day off so that they can take their kids to the show. 

I went there with my housemate Sumi. Basically it's like our Pesta, but much more organised and CLEANER!!! I didn't go on any of the rides though. It's pretty much the same thing everywhere. But what really caught my eye were the exhibitions. There was one fashion show by a New Zealand designer, Jenny Gillies. OMG her clothes are so beautiful. The theme is fruits, veges and flowers. We weren't allowed to take pics of the show, but I did manage to find some pics from the net. Amazing costumes, funky music and cheeky dance moves made the show amazing!



After the show, we checked out other exhibitions. There was one exhibition on olden day clothing. Pretty cool. 


And OMG there was this huge exhibition room just selling Showbags. I felt like a kid in a candy store!! I went around hunting for Elmo. Found him, but he was darn expensive. So i decided to get Stewie and Smurfette instead. :) 

That's not the half of it..
Elmo!!!
Stewie!! 
At exactly 9pm, Sumi and I went out to watch the fireworks display. It was so prrrrty. Went on for bout 10 minutes. 




After the show we went for some Chinese food. That pretty much sums up my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment